03 365 0088

Toolbox Talk - Injuries at work

Max People Health & Safety Bulletin

Report all injuries

When an employee suffers an injury at work and does not report it straight away it causes a lot of problems for all parties involved.

First and foremost, we don't want the same thing happening to someone else and we may also need to change how a task is being completed. 

Max People has a process to follow when injuries occur, as will the company you are working with. It is important for all parties that this/or their procedure is followed. 

What do I do?

What should I do if I have injured myself at work?

Inform your Supervisor straight way.
Complete an incident report (if able to do so) 
If you need to be taken to a medical centre. The Supervisor will organise for this to happen or call Max People's Health & Safety Officer
A senior member of Max People or a representative of the company you are working under will attend the medical centre with you.
Dependent on the injury 'Light duties' may be discussed with the Doctor
A copy of the medical certificate and/or ACC form is to be forwarded to the office 

What do I do if I have an injury at work but I don’t feel the effects until I get home?

Notify your Recruitment Consultant                                                                                                                                                                                          Call an after hour’s medical centre for advice.
If recommended seek medical assistance.
Inform your Recruitment Consultant and immediate Supervisor of the outcome of medical visit.
Send medical certificate/ ACC form to the office 
Complete an Incident Report for the Health & Safety team as soon as practicable