About The Role:
Max People is seeking a trustworthy and skilled Painter to join our team in the new year, starting on 15th January 2024. If you prioritize quality over speed and excel in communication, this position is for you. The selected candidate will collaborate with a highly experienced painter, primarily working in residential homes.
What's In It For You:
- Begin your journey with us on 15th January 2024.
- Long-term opportunity
- Variety of sites, primarily residential
- Be Valued
- You will be teamed up with a retiring, highly experienced painter, ensuring a collaborative and supportive work environment.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work in a team environment.
- Prepare surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces.
- Select and prepare paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives.
- Apply paints, varnishes, and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers, and sprays.
- Hang wallpaper, matching patterns, and trimming edges.
- Clean equipment and work areas.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders and place drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering.
- Any other tasks required.
- Observe health and safety protocols on-site.
What Is Required Of You:
- Previous experience as a Painter is required.
- Trustworthy with a focus on working in people's homes.
- Versatile skills and experience across the field of painting.
- Good communication skills.
- Presentable, representing our commitment to quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Tinting experience is ideal, but we can provide training.
- Knowledge of wallpaper hanging and trimming.
- Familiarity with erecting scaffolding and ladders.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality finishes
- Own tools
- Great time management skills.
- Strong health and safety focus
- Valid Site Safe card - we can assist with this
- Class 1 driver's license and reliable transport.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Apply online TODAY and bring your dedication to quality with The Max Team in the New Year!
Why Choose Max People?
Max People, started out as a specialised construction recruitment agency and has been a trailblazer in providing customised labour-hire solutions to leading construction firms throughout New Zealand. We've since expanded our reach into the agriculture, manufacturing, and logistics sectors. Begin your career journey with Max People today!
Apply for this Role
Fill out your details below
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.